Here are the key milestones you’ll encounter on your path to homeownership.
- Build your team – Kickstart the process by finding trusted experts to guide you a long the way.
- Check your Score – Find out your credit score and work to improve it by cutting down debt and spending.
- Boost your savings – talk to a professional about down payment options. Then set a goal and budget accordingly.
- Know your numbers – Discover what you can afford based on mortgage rates, income and more. Then get pre-approved by a trusted advisor.
- Go House hunting – Explore neighborhoods home types and determine your must haves with your agent.
- Get an Inspection and an Appraisal – Rely in the pros as they determine the value and condition of the home. Renegotiate as needed.
- Make an Offer – Meet with your agent to draft your offer and negative with the seller.
- Make It Official – On closing day, sign the final documentation and get the keys to your home.
- Move into your new home – Send in the movers because it’s time to make your dream a reality on move-in day.